TiE U is a Global program of TiE to help college startups and founders grow their entrepreneurial ventures/ideas into viable and sustainable businesses.
- Through various initiatives including mentoring by experienced entrepreneurs (TiE Members and non-members)
- Global competitions and events (scroll down for details)
- Access to networking opportunities
- Student membership at local TiE chapter (city branch)
- College/University startups
- College students interested in being an entrepreneur
- Entrepreneurs who wish to give back to the community
- Academic institutions that have/wish to have entrepreneurship education
- Investors who wish to find hidden opportunities
To help university startup founders and teams successfully launch and scale their ventures more rapidly.
- Engage with 400+ universities by the 2022-23 academic year through 40 TiE chapters
- Build momentum by engaging with 200+ universities by 2021 through 30 TiE chapters
TiE U has three flagship programs
Global Pitch Competition
- Global business plan competition; comprises a regional and global round
- Attracts 500+ Startups from 45+ cities and 100 colleges
- Equity-free prize money of $100,000
- Participants are locally mentored, and then provided bootcamps, workshops and one-on-one mentoring by global mentors
Global Business Hackathon
- Meant to enhance problem solving skills
- Participants solve real life business challenges from around the world
- Technical bootcamps, workshops and mentoring precede the finale.
Investor Demo Day
- Early-stage startups pitch their ideas
- Panel comprised of experienced investors
- A chance for entrepreneurs to raise equity investments
Like virtual platform that provides a meeting ground for 24/7 networking and mentoring . Student startups and founders can interact and collaborate with peers, mentors and thought leaders.
A TiE U global entrepreneurship conference, conducted at Silicon Valley, Univcorn brings together winning startups and founders from regional events.
Diverse activities organised by the local chapter (TiE branches in cities) that include speaker sessions, networking events, entrepreneurship conferences etc.